Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Aging

Sucks.

My cholesterol is obscenely high and I just bitched my sciatic nerve. WAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

So I had my appointment with the cardiologist yesterday. About a year ago while increasing my life insurance it was discovered that I have the cholesterol level of a morbidly obese 75 year old man. This was no surprise as there is a strong positive (this kind of positive is anything but) family history of early onset heart disease. In short, I have a defective liver. Now, it turns out that my doctor is a 4'11 Irishman who wears a terrible wig and the way he sings everything pretty much sounded like he was giving me good news so when he said "It's a birth defect of your liver" it almost sounded like he was telling me that I was beautiful and I just won a trip to Disney Land. Anyway, more medication to lower the culprit, some creepy test on my carotid artery and I get to do one of those awesome stress tests where you have to jog on a treadmill with some creepy cpap machine on your head. This makes Christie happy. I think I should invite a friend to take pictures.

Oh! I should also mention that yesterday I totally looked like an ice cream cone! Brown slacks, a pink shirt and a white vest. Super cute.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha - adorable! Ice cream lady with the sky-high cholest digits!

    ReplyDelete