Monday, February 22, 2010

Yuck, I know

But in an obscenely morbid way I really admire those folks who actually succeed in their suicides. I mean, I am not exactly condoning the act, however, I would be lying if I said I wasn't amazed at the sort of strength it must take to actually pull that trigger, tighten that noose or open those veins. Most of us do whatever we can to avoid death and count our final breaths as our greatest fear. To actually have the active hand in our own deaths....is that not almost the ultimate in power? I am not talking about those fools who down their cat's tranquillizers or swallow shoelaces (please tell me I am not the only person who remembers that Kids in the Hall episode)...ugh...as usual I have lost my train of thought. Basically, don't kill yourself or else people will be sad. Binge eat instead!

What this world needs is a good anti suicide motto. Something awesome like the anti drug campaign "hugs, not drugs!" Any thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. Or, like the vintage button my aunt gave me one year for my birthday, "Get Naked."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure that Don't Do It is an effective slogan. Teenagers have been told not to have sex or use drugs forever and I swear it encourages it! Maybe something like "Only Fat Chicks Kill Themselves" will appeal to the female crowd?

    Actually I think that Kathryn's aunt might be on to something. Maybe something like "Don't Kill Yourself..Have Unprotected Sex Instead" would be better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stole my slogan from the movie Heathers, anyways :P

    ReplyDelete