Thursday, July 19, 2012

DAIKON!

One of my many attempts at reducing my carbon footprint is joining a CSA.     Just as I was getting a wee bit tired of last years beets July smacks me in the face with awesome new things. 

I grabbed a diakon today thinking it was more of a taro.  One can't imagine my despair when I learned that it was just a big fucking RADISH.   I will eat modest slivers of radish in a salad but that's it.  Blech. 

Instead of giving it cut eye all evening I tackled the interwebz looking for a magical recipe and it did not disappoint. 

A diakon cake sounds reasonable, yes?

The first batch ended in disaster when my soon-to-be-but-not-quite-there-yet perfect dog decided to eat it all which of course resulted in a call to the emergency vet and the most ungodly evening emissions.

But the end result was ah-MAZing.   Crappy picture and in no way does it justice.






No comments:

Post a Comment