Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dogs!

The amazing task of picking that perfect dog is finally here.

I have lined up my dog sitters, I'm collection dog gear and spending way too much time at the Humane Society.

It's a hard gig. You see endless pooches, desperate for a forever home and as someone who always leads with her heart it is a huge exercise of will to pick the right one.

One guy in particular just gripped my heart. Moses is a cross fox hound/Doberman. He's just about the most beautiful creature I have ever met and reminds me so much of Abbie that it breaks my heart. The real difference between he and Abbie is that Moses makes Abbie look like the poster dog of obedience. He has spent all of his life cooped up. The first year in a tiny apartment and now his wee pen at the humane society.

So the question remains.....do I take a chance on this guy? I could be borrowing a boat load of trouble with this dog. On the other hand, with extensive dog training he will end up to be the most amazing addition to our family ever.

*sigh*



No comments:

Post a Comment