Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My first harvest!

This year has been super exciting on the gardening front. Now the car port is gone and replaced with amazing raised beds and large glorious super sunny spot.

And it's AWESOME


Oh me oh my are things coming along well. I already have little tomatoes and fetal zuchinni and cucumbers. And....AND.....I had my first harvest!!




I couldn't wait to pull these and see how they turned out. They are quite small but perfect. I have about another dozen in the other bed that I'll pull in about a month.


I wasn't satisfied with just the harvest.  It needed to be perfect so I decided to consult the interwebs and was determined to make this




But I got this instead...




You can't win em all and I am stupidly pleased with myself .


In other gardening news I FINALLY waved the white flag and have officially lost my battle with grass. There comes a time where you just have to admit defeat and work with what you have.  One thing I will NEVER have is a beautiful green lawn.  Instead I'll one day have a one giant flower garden.    It wont be finished overnight and  isn't close to perfection but every time I look at it I smile.

Officially this is the butterfly garden,   So far I haven't seen a single butterfly but Cecil LOVES it and so do the gold finches.




This is the -let's put a bunch of shit over the dead grass garden and hope for the best-garden.





YAY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment