Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer eating and poor choices

Summer fun times typically start with an innocent text.

I'll change names to protect the innocent

Brian Young:When are you fixing your lawn?
Christie the Great:In about 5 years. Haha. Why?
Brian Young:Great! Martin and I want to dig a big hole in your backyard to roast a pig.

This shit better happen is all I am saying.

Other than using my pre destroyed yard for a pig roast another thing I adore about summer is homemade salsa.

It's beautiful!!! It's amazing how blissfully unaware I am that I am eating pure garbage the rest of the year. Seeing as I have an over abundance of tomatoes this year I am searching high and low for that perfect salsa recipe to can. Problem is that I can not find a great one that preserves the fresh flavor that, well, the fresh stuff provides. Woe is me.

In other news..first derby boot camp tonight. I am having the worst time getting my mouth guard just right AND my helmet still isn't in. Ugh. I will also come right out and say, I shit you not, I'm wearing full length spandex on my legs. While my vanity would typically prevent my fat ass from wearing such a thing my inherent fear of tight pads on bare skin trumps all.

1 comment: