Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Oh those glorious wins.

Ok.  Failing minimums is not exactly a win.   But it was for me.

This is the test.

http://wftda.com/resources/wftda-minimum-skill-requirements.pdf

Now, the 27 laps in 5 minutes is for Charter so us Freshmeat are only expected to get 25.

The first round of Freshmeat I passed all derby skills like pack work, hits, jumps which was pretty rad.....but I may have blown every skating skill (remember, I had never worn skates before)

This time?   The only things holding me back were 1.5 laps (bout 288 feet) , some sharking and those goddamned pylons I had to weave through.  My tstops also suck balls but I just got the feel of them and that certainly didn't break me.

AND THAT'S SO FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!

My only goal this time was to finish and to improve.  Not only did I finish I shattered all of my expectations.  Not only that, the trainers have told me to challenge these minimums in a month as they are certain I can pass.

So yeah, I pretty much died of the happy and the feels.



No comments:

Post a Comment