Wednesday, July 2, 2014

*scowl*

This is kind of what Wednesday night league practices are like for me..






Anyhoo...I'm off tonight as I managed to smash my head into the rink on Monday's practice.  So I'm dealing with some mobility issues with my neck and I'm eating Advil.   I'm pissy and moody and sore and DERBY IS THE WORST!!ELEVENTY!!.  Naturally I've decided to bail on minimums testing again.  I want another FreshMeat session.  I am not prepared for the full league.

 
It's scary.
It's hurty.
It takes time away from my family.
It takes time away from my friends.
It makes long term dating almost impossible.  

And bruises like this make a 9 to 5 desk job VERY uncomfortable



I think that if I were younger and had a lot less going on I could manage.  But league means even more of a time commitment.   I don't know if I can/want to make that much more of a commitment.


*sigh*

On the other hand...


It makes my heart happy.
It clears my brain.
It sometimes makes me proud of myself.
I really enjoy the folks I practice with.
I really really love that feeling of FINALLY figuring out a skill.
I car Karaoke the entire ride home.
It might be the one of the best things I have done just for myself just because I could.


GAHHHH!!!!!!   Where is my life coach?!!?!?

1 comment: