Monday, November 19, 2012

Mid life crisis and family support.

Can you go through a midlife crisis at 35? I hope so cause that is the only logical explanation for my behaviour of late. Well, specifically a purchase.....high boots.....and skinny jeans.

So here is the thing, I have not been blessed with what one would call a keen sense of fashion. I like jeans and have only recently discovered the glory of heels. So when I googled "how to not look like a frumpy 62 year old soccer mom who lives in Birkenstocks " I was pretty surprised to discover that I have been doing it all wrong. Anyhoo....I went against every shred of basic intuition, bit the bullet and scored the skinny jeans and boots. Much to my surprise the jeans were super comfortable as are the boots! I can't believe what I have been missing!

Yesterday I was feeling pretty good about things. The house was clean, kids math tests were studied for, baking was done and I just recently bounced a pretty cute boy due to his inability to call a cab at the age of 37 (deal breakers, remember) so the Bolt To Do list was all scratched off and on to the folks I went.

I think I should have stayed home.

Mom: Nice hooker boots.

Dad: What the HELL are you wearing!?!


Now, I wouldn't say that I lack self esteem so much as have a serious aversion to trying new things and going out on a limb. Any guesses where this comes from?

No comments:

Post a Comment