Thursday, February 6, 2014

16 days, 10 hours, 23 min

That's how long it has been since I have had a ciggy.

Now, I had actually quit about a week or month or several before BUT the above is the amount of time a ciggy has even so much as touched my lips.  Ah shit...I lied.....when I heard Cathy passed I ran to the store and bought a pack and smoked a quarter of it and smashed the rest of the pack.  Under the extreme circumstances I'm letting that slide.

YAY ME!!!!

This time was a bit easier.  I was one of the last morons out there who smoked so I literally did not have a single outside influence.  No one to bum "just this one"  Nada.  There were times I really really REALLY wished my teenager was a smoker.  That's how much it sucked.  BUT...I made it!  The truest test of a reformed smoker, of course, was Niagara.  Lots of drinks and shenanigans.  Again, not even the desire.

To celebrate my latest victory as well as my favourite arbitrary holiday, Valentine's Day, I am going to plan the most fun V Day night EVER.

I don't know why people hate this day so much.  How can anyone hate a grossly over-commercialized holiday...when it's all about love and fat cherubs and chocolate.   I am the love who loves to love the love,  I LOOK like a fat cherub with wrinkles and years of stress and bitterness behind her AND most days chocolate brings me more happiness than my kids.  This holiday IS ME.

OMG I AM Valentine's Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment