Friday, February 21, 2014

Spring Fever!!

My street is just river of winter snow being swept away.  The sun is shining and I am in tremendous spirits, in spite of the disastrous run Gary and I attempted this afternoon.   And this time of year means two things for this girl.

1)  I'm randy as an 18 year old boy

and

2)  I NEED TO REDO MY ENTIRE HOUSE!!

I NEED to finish scraping the glue off these stairs.  Also, the kitchen will have to wait until next year.  I am determined to actually complete things before starting new ones.  This weekend will be a reclusive weekend, wrapping up some loose ends and it will take every ounce of strength to not repaint the bathroom.  But most pressing is this bloody laundry room/bathroom combo.  I HATE how slowly this stuff has to move.  I need to wait for the electrician, and then wait for my reno dude to come and drywall and install tile while all I want to do is find super cute fixtures and the perfect shade of pink to paint it!

But I need to focus on what has been accomplished.

This is what I started with.  A centipede paradise.




And this is what I have so far.  The washer/dryer have been moved and the walls are all framed.  A door has been  installed so that not only is Gary prevented from gorging on his kitty litter buffet but  I never have to actually look at the constant piles of laundry I'm faced with.



Imagine something like this as the final product:



A SECOND TOILET!!  This was super exciting.  Gone are the days of crazy line ups.  It's nothing to look at but gawd...did this ever make me happy.




But this...this excites me the most!   It was all walled off and there is SOOO much potential for super cute storage ideas!  There is actually a good amount of space here, so much so that I might just have the  electrician put a light fixture and wall off the area.  Also, as a person who doesn't even own an iron you better believe that I'm going to install a super cute ironing board!


Thank gads I love aimlessly roaming Home Depot/Rona/Ikea, looking for ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment