Sunday, September 27, 2009

Home reno

As I try to dig myself out of this existentialist fog I seem to have been floating in this past year I am becoming more and more aware of everything that has crumbled around me. Not sure what is worse, to be honest. The clogged drain in the bathroom that I have neglected...until last night when I decided that hell or high water would not prevent me from fixing the problem. Long story short, I broke the plug and now there is no more pretty drain..just a deep black hole filled with unimaginable horrors. I look at my pile of jeans that are far more snug then I ever remembered them to be and this is just as much of a mystery to me as why it has come to pass that icecream actually tastes BETTER than it ever has before. I let my kids eat their breakfast in front of the tele...at one point this was an unforgivable offense. Now I am just too tired to argue. Where the hell am I going with this?

Oh yeah. I think I snapped out of it last night. I think. I woke up with my usual inflated sense of self worth. I told my daughter I was right because, well, I am always right (actually, I think I may have been wrong). Anyhoo...good times.

Later, Bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment