Saturday, August 18, 2012

Self reflection

Recently I was forced into a rather unexpected time of self reflection.  A series of events unfolded rather dramatically before my eyes sending me into a quite a turmoil.  No, I am not referring to a recent breakup (though I must say his timing was impeccable!) but rather an accidental meeting.

Anyhoo....here I am, once again reevaluating what my next step is in this crazy little world I was dropped into without my permission.

The funny thing about emotional turmoil is how amusingly emotional it is!  I consider myself a fairly reasonable person (unless of course I lose a pencil-that's when I lose my shit) but for the big stuff, man, can I ever turn into one narcissistic moron!  Obviously *I* am the only person who has suffered and no one out there has ever had it as badly as I do.  Let's keep in mind that I have wonderful children, wonderful friends, my own home and I'm gainfully employed AND my tits are still fucking awesome!  So this leads me to ponder why on Earth I would let little hiccups down the road throw me into a tailspin!

About a year and a half ago, after meeting someone who I honestly thought at the time was "the one" I decided to start a fund to support a most fabulous vacation as a grand surprise for him.  (that's right, Bitches, I am an awesome girlfriend!.....if not clearly a sucker!).

That didn't work out, other shit happened, yadda yadda ,  which made me start really asking myself why I am so dissatisfied.  And it occurred to me , with a lot of help, that I have spent the better half of my life working to make someone else happy, putting my life on hold for the sake of someone else.  This is a good idea in theory, however, it simply doesn't work when the effort it put forth on someone who is simply incapable of returning the favor.    

So here I was, lamenting my poor relationship choices, the fact that I never went to university, the fact that I never travelle.........wait a minute!  I have that magical vacation fund!!!

So guess who is clearing that fund out and taking her sorry ass to Thailand for weeks over Christmas?

MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I can't think of a single soul out there more deserving of my generosity!





5 comments:

  1. Yay Thailand! :) Yummy food and great beaches :) This sounds better then europe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and also self reflection is definitely needed!

      Delete
    2. Agreed! Clears the mind. An you should come! Think of all the yummy inspiration you will have!

      Delete
  2. Christie! Amazing. I'm so happy for you. To abuse a cliché, "You go girl!"
    You are going to have an amazing time. Go go go and don't look back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I win the lotto- I COME TOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete