Thursday, January 30, 2014

I don't even.

Today a good friend of mine died.

I have been spoiled in my life.   I have never experienced any real loss.   This numbness, followed by fits of sobbing, back to numbness, more sobbing is new.  In the span of two hours I have berated myself for spending what few minutes I have laughing with the kitties and Gary several times.  Wondering why I am changing the litter box.  

My boss has been marvy.  Got a free pass on today.  Good thing as my desk is littered with little stones she gave me over the years that she picked up on her travels.  Do I put them away for a bit?  Is that shitty?

I guess this is part of growing older.   Gone are the days when you get news of aunts and uncles passing.  

Now it's friends.

And it sucks.

Harder than I thought possible.


Sleep tight, my friend.  I'm so glad I had the privilege of knowing you.  You were that one of a kind good that is so terribly hard to find and I am glad I found it in you.

 I wish we had just one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment