Friday, January 17, 2014

I see deeeeeead people!

Really.  I do.

Backstory-

Once upon a time I was in a fairly long term relationship with the sweetest fellow ever (actually, he might have been a dink, I can't remember).  Anyway,  I was much younger, only about 26 or so and had many many young children.   He was even younger but much like the entire world he saw me for the fabulous catch I am and away we went.  I have no delusions, (just kidding I have tons) while I am most certainly a fabulous catch I am preeeetty sure I would terrify any parent of a young professional.

This was not the case.

This fellow's folks LOVED my kids and I.  They would take the kids out for ice cream and have birthday parties for them.   As an extension, his GRANDPARENTS loved us.   Now, keep in mind that I never had a relationship with a grandparent.  The only living grandparent I had past the age of 5 saw us maybe 5 times.  In fact, the only time I really recall seeing my grandmother in my adult life was when I was pregnant with my first child and again at her funeral and I am not sure seeing a corpse qualifies as a visit.   So, you can imagine that seeing a relationship between this guy and his grandparents just fascinated me.  The adoration and respect he showed these two people still warms my heart.  I had never seen such a thing and I likely never will again.  Grandma was awesome.  A robust woman who, while almost totally blind, knit my kids hats and mitts, bossed around his grandpa and showered us all with so much comfort and love that I have been spoiled for life.

Alas, Grandma passed away.  I think I was sadder than when my own blood Grandma died.

Fast forward to present time.


I have never really owned kittens.  Much less TWO.  Cecil was a grumpy old man when I adopted him and Carl was not exactly a player.  John and Caeser are insane and have certainly opened my eyes to life with kittens.  Their favourite time to play always seems to be between the hours of 2am-4am.

Last night, like clockwork, I heard a familiar crash.  Most of the time I just just ignore it but it sounded suspiciously like a plant being knocked over.  Out I went to the living room.  As I past by the large mirror I saw two people.  Myself....and Grandma.

Now, I can't say for certain that it was Grandma, just that it felt like Grandma.  Also, I could have totally been dreaming since there was no evidence of a knocked over plant this morning.

Here is the strange thing, it didn't freak me out at the time.  Now?  Well, tonight is a me night so sitting alone watching Supernatural ain't exactly doing anything for the freakout factor.

God, Grandma.  Stick around all you like but PLEASE stay out of my bedroom.

2 comments:

  1. B's. In life my Grandma had nothing to do with me. Not sure she would have wasted any good ghost time at my place. Unless it was to paranormal activity the shit out of my house!

    ReplyDelete