Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Just kidding

So my plans to delete the blog and redo into a new platform fell flat.  I have the attention span of a sand flea so transferring old unpublished derby related posts proved too much for me to bear.  So BackToBolt for me.

Anyway, derby is but one part of the package of me.  Seems really lame to dedicate a blog just to one part of it.   And now that MY TULIP BULBS ARE COMING UP(!!!!!!!!!) I foresee waaaay more time in my garden.   Don't even get me started on the glorious orange paint I just found for the bathroom.

Here comes the flipping sun.


Oh yeah.  I should spend some time on my fitness journey.  Afterall, that WAS my plan.

So, long story short.  I'm a fatty with no strength whatsoever.   I have carved everything out into a 13 year plan.

1)  Make a team by 40.
2)  Make Thunder by 45
3)  Look like Arnold Schwartzenegger by 50.

Needless to say I have a long road ahead.   Currently I am training with another Fresh Meat who broke her ankle last boot camp.   Our trainer is rad.   Focusing on strength and body building and conditioning.  No endless runs for this girl!  Just hauling around kettle bells and trying not to look like a complete fool while attempting Turkish getups.

Anyway, I'm learning to eat better, to move better, to sleep better.  I also learned never to go to a sweet market in your sweaty clothes post work out.  You never know when you are going to run into an ex....and his new girlfriend.....his gorgeous, tall older GF who looks totally together.


And it's fun!  Who knew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment