Thursday, April 24, 2014

Set backs, gains and habits

As a creature of habit it's imperative that I have a routine.  Without it my world explodes and I adopt pets or start randomly digging holes.

It always amazes me how fast I grow accustomed to things and before I know it it's just my life.

Mondays-  Run and Derby

Tuesday-  Circuit and run

Wednesday- Run

Thursday-  Circuit

Friday-  Circuit and run

Saturday-  Personal training session

Sunday- Reeeeeeeeeeeest!


Now, as I get older the more I think I might be RainMan.     Or perhaps it's just my OCD kicking in as my veggies and fruit HAVE to be in the fridge waiting the morning blend.  My protein shake premixed and ready for consumption.  Always have to have two in the fridge juuuuust in case I forget.  OMG WHAT IF I FORGET!!!!  

But there are results.   Small results.   I hit my first "goal" yesterday and while it's small and I see no actual physical difference in myself I just feel better.   My energy level is awesome.  My stress level is proportionate to the circumstances.  I am getting stronger and I am actually starting to get the feel of that blasted underpush.  

But then of course life happens and I am reminded how important it is to take things in stride, just let yourself stumble over a pebble a little bit rather than letting it get stuck in your wheel and falling on your ass.

Pebbles like your flipping dryer hose dealy constantly coming out of the wall and fighting like hell to gross stupid grass.

Pebbles like an epic head lice infestation which finally ended yesterday when I actually had to call in a lice expert (they exist!).  $300.00, and hours of nitpicking later we are free.   It also turns out she is a super church lady who not only left me a really really long note about how God loves me but ALSO invited me to , I kid you not, a weekend conference for all of God's daughters.  I'm not entirely sure what The Divine conference offers but I'm pretty sure there isn't a beer tent at the "dream center".   That said, the rousing chorus of the Divine Host's "gals" kinda sorta makes me want to get stoned and attend.  This wouldn't be my worst idea.

In addition to all of this one of my favourite fellow Freshies broke her leg.  Ugh.  This is a huge bummer as I just loved skating with her.   Sigh...   Pebbles, just pebbles.  Not boulders, not the end of the world.

I'm a terrible overthinker.  To be fair to myself, I don't think this will ever change.  It's who I am.   For a very long time I allowed negative self thoughts to overcome rationality.   Laying in bed wondering and stressing about whether I will be mortgage free in 15 years.   Will I have enough when I retire?

   Sleeplessness.

Now, out of nowhere I have had such pleasant,  naturally occurring thoughts.   I'm going to add another lap on Monday night.    How nice it's going to be to finally be able to dig in the dirt, perfectly placing my tomatoes.

And now only one more sleep until such an awesome upcoming weekend.    I will try really hard not to look too excited to see the kids go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment