Monday, May 26, 2014

Some wars were never meant to be won.

I don't know why I have bothered fighting this one.  I don't know why it has been so goddamned important especially since I don't even know what winning LOOKS like.

Yet here I am, in the middle of the same ugly fight I have been having for way too long.

My goddamned hair.


It's a fucking curse and if one.more.person says they are envious of it I swear to god I'm punching them in the throat.

It's thick.  There's a lot of it.  It grows like crazy.   It's boring.

I see folks run around with their flawless locks, bouncing, short, long, purple, brunette.  Updo, or carelessly at their side.  What I'm trying to say is that every single person in the world had the nicest hair ever but me. I want CUTE hair.  I don't want boring.  I want colour and fun and clips and all!

Ok.  I'm doing it.  I'm going all radical this time. THIS TIME will be different.  THIS TIME the girl is going wild.

In retrospect my first mistake was not being communicative enough with my 19 year old stylist.  She was kind and nice and  a-fucking-DORABLE.  So so sweet and I absolutely will see her again.  A real pleasure.  But when a 19 year old sees me they see an old lady, who, when asking for something fun, ends up getting the lamest highlights and lame cut that EVERY SINGLE BORED HOUSEWIFE gets when THEY want something "radical".  She doesn't see the super hip and cool Jimmy Kimmel mega fan that I really am.

Anyhoo.....as someone who now looks like bored housewife I'm cursing my life.  IT'S THE WORST.

Unfortunately, because I kind of am a bored housewife I also lack an additional $200.00 to get the actual radical fun haircut/colour I so desire.

So what's a super amazing broad to do?   Well, she googles "cute ways to wear bandanas to cover bad hair cut"

And sure, it looks cute.  I also now look like a 36 year old woman posing as a hipster and/or 10th grade high school student.  I don't care as it's the lessor of the two evils.  And I have given up.

This battle is futile.  

I'm exhausted.

The hair wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment