Monday, September 10, 2012

On breaking free and rebounds

Man. Breakups. They certainly are the worst for a wee little bit. I find the period of time where the rose colored glasses are removed and every single flaw you were warned about but ignored come forward to be the most puzzling if not totally infuriating. You are bombarded with endless break up cliches and you know they are true yet you still walk around in a self pitying phase.

While we all have that moment, that breaking point where the douchbaggary seals the deal and you are donezo and over him...I find it takes a little more time to get over the actual relationship itself. I second guess myself all the time and the major concern is how on earth did I manage to place the relationship bar so low? I am not talking about forgetting to lower the toilet seat. I am talking every major red flag that an 18 year old virgin would run away from! I'm a bright woman, I have a family and certainly don't lack self esteem.....so what was it?

After a breakup, people with half a brain take a good 6 months to a year to reflect. Drooling retards with no self esteem try to find a relationship right out the gate.

I don't fall into either of these categories but I simply can NOT resist a gorgeous man, a deep voice, broad shoulders and an infectious laugh. This brings me to the rebound.

We act like rebounds are bad. Why? If both parties are well aware of the history and intentions I think they both deserve a break.

This girl loves her butterflies, laughing till her belly hurts and promises of breakfast in a king sized bed.

I think the rebound is the perfect compromise.

But yes, I make terrible choices .

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You MEANT "a gorgeous man with a deep voice, broad shoulders and an infectious laugh AND LOOKS LIKE THIS" RIIIIIGHT??????

    HELLO

    ReplyDelete