Monday, September 10, 2012

On loving, losing and how Christie got her groove back.

And just as quick as it was here it was gone.

I had lived years without it. I actually enjoyed it. The freedom, the absence of compromise. In retrospect it was quite liberating as its lack of presence allowed me to do what I wanted without the distraction.

But I opened my heart and allowed it back.

I'm glad I did. It opened me up to new experiences, helped me relax, distracted me from silly little things like the crumbling economy and allowed me to laugh and weep freely.

But that didn't stop the pain once it walked out the door.

And then it hit me, why am I allowing something so fundamentally replaceable cause me emotional pain?

So I caved and drove my sorry ass to Best Buy to get a new teevee for my room.

Cuddling up in front of the idiot box, how I have missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment