Thursday, October 3, 2013

Desperately Seeking Moral Compass

First things first, WHY wont the interwebz/universe let me save my privacy settings on this bad boy.  I don't need the wooooorld to know all about my neurosis!
FUCK YOU, INTERNETS!


Anyway...today was just another gig at the FA's.   It is important to mention here that I miiiiiight have a bit of a crush him.   Super handsome, voice like butter wrapped in Reece's Pieces.  Just divine.  But I'm getting off topic.

I was at the FA's super pissed that I couldn't buy a new outfit so I could look totally hot....GAHH!!!!  That's not important!

Take Three.

I was at my FA's looking as good as I could in last months outfit, all together with my little black accordion folder ready to crunch out some numbers to get a clearer picture of the potential move or non move....ugh...forgot to colour my hair. sigh.

Anyway, we had a looksie.  Tres boring, blah blah blah and he said "is there ANYTHING else"  I flipped through it all and found it.   The owners manual to my washer and dryer.

Not really my washer and dryer.  You see, awhile back my actual washer died.  Boom.  Long story short, a brand new washer and dryer was purchased for me, well, for "us" I suppose.  But when he left the washer and dryer stayed.  Now, I need you to understand, I LOVED the woman who bought it for me (even though she has her cottage on an Indian Res) She was kind and pretty and warm and someone that for the most part,  I really respected.  An incredible fortitude and dignity about her that I can only dream of one day possessing and I'll be honest.....I feel like I have STOLEN from her.  She didn't buy it for me.  She bought it for her kid and really, it should have gone with him.

I honestly don't know what to do.

I cautiously explained the situation to Mr Handsome B Wonderful Please B Mine and he was all "wait, is this the same guy I strongly advised you TO NOT MOVE IN WITH"?   Chick boner gone as he quickly moved into Dad mode and I came clean and gave him the whole sordid story.

He thinks I'm silly to even consider repaying it but ya know what,  I'm ok with losing my self esteem and my dignity.  I'm not all that ok with compromising what little integrity might be left in my damaged little soul.

So, without any contact information HOW does someone repay this debt?   I feel as though it's impossible to actually give it TO her.  First of all, she may have forgotten already.  Secondly, I can't reach out cause she might spank me for being (rightfully so) mean to her kid.  Third, I'm actually trying to move AWAY from the crazy remorse I feel about shit.   Money to a food bank in her name?  The Humane Society?!

Jimminy Cricket!  Where the hell are you when I need you the most!?!  And while you're at it Jimminy, fix my goddamned privacy settings.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment