Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ugh. Minimums

For every awesome week there is one where I am so bloody discouraged.

I have viewed this whole derby thang as an entirely enjoyable, painful and rewarding experience.  I am in awe over how far I have come and the question of whether I would ever actually play is no longer hypothetical.  It's just a matter of when.

I might even be eyeballing these shorts....and trying out derby names for size....


BUT....I'm just not there yet.  And I am ok with that.  I am having a ridiculous amount of fun and I see major improvements every week.  That is all I need at this point,  I am not at all prepared to SCRIMMAGE for chrissakes.   It's not a pride thing.  I swear I am not against looking foolish.  I am sooooooo past that insecurity.  I'm just not ready to be graded.    So easy, I'm just going to skip the testing this time around.  By June I'll be at least on the splash pool.  No testing this time around.  Whew!  What a weight off my back.  I love being an assertive and confident woman!

Just kidding!

A 19-20 year old trainer with super cute long braids who I want to be besties with MY DAUGHTER said NO.  And I backed away slowly, feeling ashamed.

Look folks, I'm old.   I'm a mature(ish) rational (haha) adult and A TEENAGER just shot me down.

And I listened.

Sometimes it's hard to tell if I am gaining or losing control of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment