Monday, October 7, 2013

Walk about here and there

After the untimely demise of my most recent love interest I did what any smart woman would do.  Fled to Toronto for Nuit Blanche.  

I'm actually surprised I have never gone before.  Such a great people show.  So much to look at and a tremendous energy.

But deadly serious.


But all good things must come to an end and here I am, riddled with spleen, testicular and brain cancer as well as polio.  Or, at the very least a really bad cold.  I'm praying for the Tom Yum fairy to come but she's no doubt ignoring me.  Woe is me.

Every cloud has a silver lining and this illness has really made quitting smoking tolerable.  Now that I have "graduated" to practising with the actual derby girls the constant stream of glorious nicotine infused glory smoke is not conducive to the 5 hours a week of training I have now committed to.  Plus, I really REALLY want to buy a set of hybrid wheels AND a sweet ZUCA bag for all of my gear so I have decided to reward myself, once smoke free for three whole months with this.  89 more days and it's mine!


That is if I survive this illness.





No comments:

Post a Comment