Saturday, October 26, 2013

Innnnteresting

I have noticed some changes since this whole derby thing.  The first one being that for the first time in, well, ever, I'm totally comfortable with my body.  I think I'm heavier now than I have been in a very long time but for some reason that might be ok.  It might be my age and the whole "maturing" thing and realizing that it really just doesn't matter.   It might be because my legs are hard as rocks. It might be that I am grateful for the added padding for when I go down and make sweet sweet wheel babies on my ass.   It might also be that BECAUSE of the weight my tits are absolutely spectacular.  In any event...it's neat not to be so preoccupied.  It lends more space in my brain for real concerns such as world peace and what colour to paint the laundry room.

The second, more concerning thing is my driving.  And my walking about.  I seem to find myself viewing cars and unsuspecting pedestrians as jammers.  Targets that, if I can't hit, I need to at least put them off track.  Everything has a big ole star on their heads.

I was at the pharmacy today buying even more makeup for my costume for this evenings "CB's Fifth Annual Halloween Party" and I found myself dodging racks and people. Getting ever so close only to transition around to narrowly escape contact.  One shitty little kid was giving me stink eye so I ever so cleverly scooched around her, throwing her off track. It was exhilarating!  It is also far less hurty than locking your skates and going down hard.

The driving thing?  Along with the loss of toenails this is something I really hope passes.





No comments:

Post a Comment