Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh man.  Does this girl love her turkey dinner.

With the exception of derby and Thanksgiving dinner I am making this a complete ME weekend.  The past little while has been pretty hectic and with an Aunt not expected to make it into next week, the first set of derby minimums coming up in a week and the current renovations going on, well, you can imagine that the next little while is going to be filled with a lot of skating, family times/funeral as well coordinating the plumber and the framer.  So, the kids are gone and I am going to take full advantage of it.  Oktoberfesting can wait.

Me weekends are the best.  I can garden when I want, shower when I want.  I can eat chocolate in bed and unapologetically fish out the leftover nachos from my cleavage for breakfast.  I'm not certain but I do think that it might be just a little bit pathetic that I really really like smoking a bit of a doob, scraping glue from the stairs and singing at the top of my lungs.

Anyway, in the spirit of Thanksgiving and obsessive list making.......

What this broad is thankful for, in no particular order.(I'm not going to say my good looks, sparkling personality or children, that much is obvious)

I am thankful that I still have my parents.  As frustrating and dysfunctional as we all are...well, they are pretty swell.

I am thankful for my home and family unit.  I am finally realizing now that I have done a very good job and I can confidently say that it wasn't good luck...it was hard work.

I am thankful for my friends and sisters.  The amount of tolerance and patience and support they have provided me during an outrageously difficult time is more than I can ever imagine and this literally brings tears to my battered eyes.

I am thankful for my outrageous antics.  They may have bit me in the ass more than a few times but they sure have made things interesting.

I am thankful for someone who planted the roller derby seed in my head awhile back.  I am also very thankful for protective gear and the fact that I have managed to survive contact training.

I am thankful I have discovered Bliss cheese and even more thankful that it doesn't, in fact, cost $40.00.

I am thankful that I am capable of showing good sense from time to time.

I am thankful that I have masqueraded myself well enough that coworkers come to me for personal advice.  Thankful and terrified.

I am thankful that I have quit smoking and everyone survived.

But most of all, above all else, I am thankful I have discovered this




It's all just such cool cool stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment