Friday, October 18, 2013

Le Crap

I might be the worst hypochondriac ever.


I once sat in the ER for 8 hours because I was convinced I had a blood clot in my leg.  It was a Charlie horse.

I once went to the ER shortly after surgery CONVINCED they left a pair of scissors in my body.  It was just a bruised diaphragm.

On the other hand, when my water broke two months early with my daughter I thought I had just peed my pants.   Three hours later and strapped to a stretcher in an ambulance en route to a neo natal unit I was finally convinced I was having a baby.

Clearly I am showing pretty terrible judgement when it comes to my health so it shouldn't have come as any surprise that my polio/tb/cancer is actually pneumonia.

This would actually  be ok except I'm currently coughing up blood and I sound like a 12 year old boy.  The good news is that I am not contagious.  The bad new, depending on ones perspective is that I have a ton of derby stuff this weekend.  Tomorrow is derby derby derby and an afterparty.  Sunday is league practice.  Don't even get me started on Halloween preparations.  

Now, I would bet the farm that all of this is Karma.  A person can only be so shitty.  Universe, I'm so sorry I was terrible.  I take it all back.  I will be pure and good and I'll stop being a twat.  I'll be good to Conservatives and I'll no longer judge Capitalists.

Just please make me well by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment